South Research is looking for a medium/senior consultant
committed to international solidarity and social change.
South Research is a small and dynamic organization specialised in offering advice and support to worldwide development actors, including in the social profit sector in Belgium and Europe. We are societally commited and aim at contributing to social change. We deliver consultancy services to NGOs, platforms, networks, governments, non-profit organizations etc.
Following the COVID crisis, South Research is re-launching and redefining its activities with a reduced team of three employees (2 senior consultants, 1 office manager) and a pool of external consultants regularly associated. We now wish to strengthen this core team by employing a new consultant.
You will contribute to the redefinition of the organization and be part of our self-steering team, which shapes and carries South Research. You will work from home much, but we seek collective moments.
South Research aims high in quality, but also pays attention to the wellbeing of all team members.
If you want to work in a socially relevant context, within a core team
If you have an open mind and welcome diversity
If you are convinced long-term change is possible only when everyone is taken on board
If you like to sink your teeth in assignments that make a difference
… this might be a job for you.
Responsibilities:You take part of our collective management, you research and respond to tenders, facilitate processes within organisations (strategic reflection, …), carry out evaluations and studies, conduct trainings (ToC, PCM, …). Within the guidelines provided by the client, you concretise the assignment. You are responsible for the entire process: composing an offer, carrying out the work, provide feedback. You monitor the timing and budget. Your colleagues are your soundboard when you need it and the Office Manager provides administrative support.
Knowledge and experience:You have:
- At least a master degree;
- Clear capacity in gender equity;
- Sensitivity for current challenges linked to climate change and/or transition, local (territorial) development, democracy and human rights, migration, or the Belgian social profit sector is an asset;
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative research with accompanying fieldwork (in Belgium or abroad) is an asset;
- Knowledge in digital and visual tools is an asset;
- At least five years of professional experience in consultancy in the working areas of South Research (participatory project management, evaluation, capacity building, organisational and institutional development, learning processes, management, networking, intercultural communication, good governance, advocacy and lobbying, knowledge management, collective learning processes).
Personality and skills:
- You have good knowledge (spoken and written) of at least 2 of the following 3 languages: Dutch, English and French; knowledge of other languages is an asset (Arabic, Spanish, ...).
- You have strong writing and presentation skills.
- You consider working in an international context as a pleasure and an advantage. You are prepared to work abroad for short periods (1-2 weeks) occasionally.
- You thrive in a self-steering team. You are a team player but also like to work independently.
- You are stress resistant and can deal with high quality requirements in complex assignments. You can manage and execute several assignments simultaneously. You are able to complete assignments within the allotted time. Under time pressure you know how to set the right priorities.
- You are willing to contribute constructively to the further growth of South Research.
- You are proficient in MS Office. Knowledge of data analysis software (quantitative and/or qualitative) is a strong value.
- You are open to explorate innovative ways of communicating within the assignments.
South Research offers:
- A very diversified job in a dynamic and self-steering team.
- Attention to growth and development, opportunities to develop yourself substantively.
- A full-time (part-time possible, at least 80%) contract of indefinite length.
- A salary according to salary scale B1a verantwoordelijke PC 329, whereby all demonstrable and relevant work experience will be taken over.
- Collaboration and learning between the team members.
- Flexible working hours to match work and private life.
- Hospitalisation insurance, group insurance (supplementary pension through the employer), travel insurance, expense allowance for homework, mobile phone and internet allowance, Ecocheques, laptop, end-of-year office closure.
- Reimbursement of costs for commuting by public transport (or bicycle allowance).
- Equal opportunities are important to South Research. Your talent and experience are more important than your origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
We will come back to you before the Christmas holidays to plan an interview, which will take place as from 9 January 2023.
For more information, please feel free to contact Wendy Michaux by phone 0477/58.31.29 (except Wednesdays) or email email@example.com.